Monday 5 September 2005

Breaking News

I had the foetal morphology ultrasound scan on 26 August. I was 19 weeks pregnant. They said everything looks normal, Alhamdulillah*. That's enough for me for now that I know my baby is all right after I got the chicken pox.

We don't want to know the sex until the baby born but the sonographer said she couldn't see it anyway. My baby lied still the whole time, perhaps sleeping. Didn't bother to move at all even though my stomach was being poked & rubbed by the scan reader. I was hoping I'd see my baby yawn or stretch but I think it wasn't my lucky day. We have it taped and that was including the blurred 3D features of the baby. Oh, well...

*Alhamdulillah; Alhamdulillah in Arabic means "Praise to God". In everyday speech it simply means "Thank God!"

0 comments: